Assessment & Treatment of Common Tennis Injuries
Live Date: August 28th, 2021 at 1:00pm EST
Recording available 3-7 days after the live date
•What are the general movements of this sport?
•Through which planes do these movements occur?
* What are the gross stresses put on the body?
* What are the specific movements of this sport?
* Breakdown the mechanical stressors of each specific movement.
* Learn the agonist/antagonist of each movement
* Compartmentalize the areas which absorb the most stresses in this sport.
* What are the most common injuries in this sport?
•What are the vectoral lines of tension involved in the specific movements of this sport?
•How do we streamline MSK assessment in this sport?
1. How do we prioritize our treatment in this sport?
a. stabilize girdles
b. address mirrored VLT
c. address accessory movement via EPE
2. What does treatment look like?
b. ILT, 2NT, alternating frequencies
c. High frequency to joints
d. Soft tissue manipulation
3. Injury Prevention
b. training regimen
c. imagery/physical hybrid practice
Q & A